Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Day

I was so happy to see these flowers in bloom.

A beautiful day like Saturday called for a walk.

We all went for pizza and then, instead of getting in the car, I decided to give my new sneakers a chance to break in. Being that the pizza store we went to is a little over two miles from home, I figured that even if the sneakers weren't totally comfortable, I would still be fine. And, of course I had to take pictures along the way.

The walk itself, along Hillside Ave, was kind of boring. But, when life gives you lemons, you've got to make lemonade so I decided to follow California Teacher Guy's lead and take some shadow pictures. Mine aren't as good as his, but I'll keep trying.

Not a shadow, but one of my favorite places in the whole world. One of the reasons I bought my house was its proximity to a Carvel. I cried when it closed and rejoiced when this new one opened many years later. Unfortunately, it was closed today.


And now for the shadows



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those early spring blooms put a smile on my face.
I really enjoy spring! Thank you for sharing. :)