Friday, October 30, 2009

My Halloween Costume

I came dressed as a goal post. Mr. AP helped me figure out what to wear. Unfortunately, he just drove one of my poor colleagues to tears. This guy (with over 25 years in the system) actually spent three days working on goals, writing and rewriting them, trying to come up with something Mr. AP would approve of.

I know I can't win with him so I just decided to join him and face up to what I am. I might be 60% now but one thing I can guarantee is that I will never be average.


Ricochet said...

I didn't wear a costume but I did tell my stupid Halloween joke: why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? I usually ask this the beginning of October and tell them the answer on Halloween.

Answer: because Oct 31 = Dec 25

[31 base 8 = 25 base 10 - which gives me an opportunity to talk about bases.]

NYC Educator said...

60% woman begs the question--what exactly is the other 40%? And should we be afraid to ask?

Just kidding--one thing I'm sure if is you're 100% a great teacher!

Pissedoffteacher said...

60% refers to my regents stats--Mr. AP keeps reminding me I am worst teacher in the department. I figured I could help him out by sharing hsi knowledge with the entire school.

mathman42 said...

60% would probably be numero uno at my institution of higher yearning.

I still say AP's should teach a Regents Prep class. And model their superior knowledge for their unwashed colleagues.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Mr. AP removes kids who can't pass from his class and thus his results are great.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I fogot to say, thanks NYC Ed--I'm not 100% great, but I am okay. It's nice to be appreciated. Teachers don't get much of that.