Sunday, July 12, 2009

Trolling The Internet


While trolling the Internet I came across the face book page of an educator that I respected.

That respect has just gone done many notches. This educator claims to be a fan of Mayor Moneybags.

How anyone involved in the school system and has seen first hand the deterioration of our schools under his reign can still support him is beyond me.

While every one has a right to their own opinions, I find this opinion extremely disturbing. Mayor Moneybags has made policies that have hurt the middle and lower classes of NYC, have hurt the children of NYC and have disrespected and ruined careers of countless good teachers.

Even some of the worst despots in history have had fans. I would not respect any of these people either.

5 comments:

Noel said...

I think you mentioned once that you're not a "Facebook person". :-) The thing is, on Facebook, if you want to post a comment on the "fan" page for someone, you've got to click a button that says you're a "fan". When a professor at my former college was forced out because of his political views, I wanted to post a protest on the fan page of the college president, and to do so I had to register as a "fan" of his, which I certainly am not. So don't read too much into what you saw.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Sorry, I'm not buying into your explanation. There are plenty of places to post negative comments about this person without signing on as a fan.

Noel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noel said...

Well, sure, but the point is, at least in my case, that I wanted to bring the college's actions to the attention of "fans" of its president. And you may well be right that whoever this person is is a fan of the mayor. I just wanted to point out that things work a little strangely on Facebook. Certain terms like "friend" and "fan" end up being redefined -- a pretty common occurrence in online communities.