Thursday, December 03, 2009

Excuses Continue


One of my geometry students has problems focusing and doing work. Verbally he is great, but he can't seem to connect on paper so I went to speak to his resource room teacher. The conversation led to an IEP discussion and she told me his IEP is incomplete. It seems he transferred from another school and the complete IEP did not come with him. When I used the word violation, she suggested that I should go and get it. Of course, that is not my job or hers, but she was shifting responsibility when the problem was brought to her attention. I finally got her to admit it was an administrators responsibility. Meanwhile, the child has an incomplete IEP, he is failing more than one subject and no one seems to be doing anything about it.

(And of course the vicious little secretary tried making excuses again.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Over and over, disaster after disaster, and nothing happens. Where is the UFT on all the violations? The state should come in and clean house, beginning with that office.