Friday, April 01, 2011

TV Interview


Mention strawberries to me and I will immediately think of that pretty red fruit I don't much like, unless of course it is blended with lots of ice and tequila.  But, when a local paper had a 50% off coupon for Darryl Strawberry's Grill in Douglaston, I bought one right away.  My husband loves their burgers, they make a mean one with veggies and, if you get there during happy hour, beers are only $2.00 a piece.

I am ashamed to admit that I know as much about baseball as Bloomberg and Black know about education, but that didn't stop me from talking to the reporter who asked me what I would do if I could buy the Mets.  Without hesitation, I said, "I would give them to Bloomberg so he could fix them like he fixed the schools in New York. since he is an expert on everything."  I got my Black and Bloomberg dig out!  I happened to be wearing my Packemin union sweatshirt at the time.  The guy loved my answer and told me I would be on the air.  Unfortunately I don't get the cable station it will appear on but he promised to send me a link when it is up online.  I'll post it on the private blog.

(Strawberry was supposed to make an appearance but we didn't hang around.  I wait for no man!)

It's been a long week that ended with dinner in a very noisy bar but this one little segment made the week for me.

3 comments:

Ricochet said...

We have a date to have lunch at the Vortex with GT son Sunday after next. We will drink a beer in your honor!!

ASTRAKA said...

How dare you suggest "I would give them to Bloomberg so he could fix them like he fixed the schools in New York. since he is an expert on everything."

Do you want "little Napoleon" to destroy my METS? ;)

Anonymous said...

I am not sure who has more problems to fix the New York City school system or the Mets. They are both managed horribly (except the Mets finally got rid of their manager after last season. They still have a long way to go).