Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It Pays To Read


Attached to a weekly newsletter (which for years I never looked at) was a memo offering us professional development by Discover Education at Discover Times Square. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, but it sounded good, so I applied. Well, it wasn't good, it was great. This is what professional development should be--real, relevant material presented by people that know what they are doing. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything that was really math related (on the high school level) but there is so much on the site, I have to give it a thorough look and see what I can dig up. I also learned a few non related free sites (voki.com, wordle.net, blabberize.com, and others I haven't looked at yet.) I made my little welcome voki from what I learned today.

As an added bonus to the day, we got free admission to the King Tut exhibit (worth seeing) and after doing both, I went to see Race at a Wednesday matinee, ticket purchased yesterday from TDF.org

No comments: