Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Boy Again


New Boy couldn't deal with my not letting him cheat on yesterday's test.  In my long career, I have never been spoken to the way he spoke to me today. He even followed me down to cafeteria to continue his rant.  He ended by saying, "Go tell Principal I was disrespectful again."

Once again, I wrote him up again.  He is supposed to be removed from my class.  Hopefully this will be the last time I have to deal with him, but the trouble he causes won't end.  He'll just be end up torturing some other poor soul.  We've got to stop sweeping the dirt under the rug if schools are going to get fixed.

4 comments:

TheHouse said...

But this is a no consequences world where we can "deprive" them of an education EVEN when that's the very thing they do for the other students in our classes. ARG.

Anonymous said...

Wow. The way some kids talk to teachers is really just shocking. One wonders what his home life is like and how many people have just "passed him along" because they didn't want to deal with him.
By the time he got to you it was too late because he's already been sent the message that all he has to do is be an asshole to everyone in sight and eventually he'll be passed on and not end up doing any work.
We really need a different approach of dealing with this type of difficult kid.
I'm sorry this happened to you!

mathematicamama said...

How do you get them removed from your class? All they do is send them back again, no matter what the kids do, I do, or admin does.

Pissedoffteacher said...

This was a 35 year first and the only reason was he did same thing to another teacher and that was why I got him.