Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Take A Lesson

NOTE: I sent in my survey and if you like your school, you should do the same. I think we need a major revolt--PARENTS, TEACHERS, ADMINISTRATORS, JUST SAY NO!
When the kids don't want to do something, they know how to stop things from getting done. My period 8 and 9 class knew how to keep me from going ahead and doing something new by not showing up. Attendance was abysmal. I really wanted to teach something new, but I had a feeling I would have small classes so I had to go with a back up plan.

Now, wouldn't it be nice if educators could follow the same policy. If all the UFT, the CSA and all the principals would get together and refuse to do those Learning Environment Surveys, maybe the city would do away with them.

Someone has got to start somewhere. Those things cost too much money and take up too much time. I'm for a revolt. I'm for following the kids lead and saying NO!!!!!!! I am sorry I buckled under and sent mine in.

4 comments:

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

I can't believe you are revolting. No way. Not you. I don't believe it.

Danielle

zman said...

Revolt thats what I say...do it be a rebel...what do I care I dont have children that go to your school.....Revolt do it...Zman sends

Pissedoffteacher said...

I sent in my survey. I'm just saying people in positions of authority ought to say no.

17 (really 15) more years said...

I did my survey PO'd, but it was a crock of hooey- I felt the need to lie, because we were told to do it online, and each survey had a code number. I am not convinced that they can't trackback those surveys directly to us. So I lied. Through my teeth. What's the point?