Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Hug Instead Of A Knife In My Back


Billy came to class today and gave me a funny look. I said, "I told you I would get the number, I never lose." he said, "My dad walked all the way to my job to let me know you called." Then he did something I would never have expected in a million years, HE HUGGED ME! I just looked at him and said, "Now we have to get you to all your classes."

A funny part about all of this is that Rosie and Billy share the same guidance counselor. Rosie saw me talking to the counselor and wanted to know why I was talking about her. She was offended when I told her the conversation involved another student. She was even more offended that my nagging was now reaching out to someone else.

I can't believe how much I love these kids.

1 comment:

Mr. Talk said...

Many students just need someone to show that they care and their lives turn around. I think you may have done just that with Billy.

Those are things you can't measure with data. Great work!