Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Your Hero Has Returned


Suit Lover, since I notice you are still around, I dedicate this post to you.

Like a bat out of Hell, Suit came flying into the teacher's cafeteria today. Thank goodness I had eaten much earlier or my food would have ended up being regurgitated all over the poor teacher sitting next to me. He expected to a warm greeting and he was greeted cordially by some. Me, I kept my head down and kept marking papers as I watched him approach the cafeteria lady to order lunch.

As he made his way to the cash register, he said "I suppose you want me to pay for this?" (Suit was notorious for using his principal status to obtain multiple free lunches daily.) The cafeteria lady is sharp. She looked him in the eye and said, "I don't want you to pay, but I have to charge you. We are accountable for every meal that goes out of here." As he dug into his pocket, the moths went flying and some dirty old tissues fell to the floor, but he did manage to pull out a few crumpled bills.

The cafeteria lady snickered. It felt good to finally see him part with a few bucks.

No comments: