Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Addiction


I've been good....

I wrote three college recommendations.

I marked and entered exam grades for three classes.

I made up an answer key to run off for one of the classes.

I prepared a platter of food to bring to my friend's house.

I checked out and wrote a detailed response to a video I was asked about. (I even wrote a post about it that needs some more work before it gets published.)

I still have so much more to do before I go visit him and then head to work tonight, but, I can't keep off this blog.

I finally understand the meaning of the word addict.

5 comments:

NYC Educator said...

We are lifelong learners.

Pretty much whether we like it or not.

mathman42 said...

Just imagine if you were really into sports or online gaming.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Lifelong learners--the principal of my school uses that expression all the time. I wonder if you've ever met him.

mathman42 said...

It's really a valid expression. If you think about it, every day you learn something new about yourself, others, and life around you. Of course he means that we should make an effort to do so; we should also learn from our mistakes.

I had two intense conversations with parents last week that would not have been possible for me even five years ago.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I agree--I just like to give him a hard time about things that don't matter much.