Monday, November 23, 2009

The Injustice Of It All


Until today, I thought the new administration of Packemin HS respected its teachers, but what I heard at the exec board meeting today really knocked me out. The administration has a plan to place a fence around the perimeter of the school, thus blocking entrance to the rear of the building from one side of the street. Of course this is being done in the name of security and school improvement but, what a cost! Able bodied teachers will now be forced to walk an extra half block around the building. Imagine, AN EXTRA HALF BLOCK! What will these crazy administrators think up next?


Teachers should realize how lucky they are to work in a place where the extra walk is something to complain about.

4 comments:

Schoolgal said...

My school only allows one entrance. In fact the front entrance was closed due to the availability of the staircases, while the side entrance (now our only entrance) was more secure. So if we park in the lot, we must also walk around the block.

Also, security like this has to be approved by the Safety Committee. If your school doesn't have one, you are not in compliance. Otherwise I think it's a stretch to call this anti-teacher if indeed it's a safety issue.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I was trying to be sarcastic. I couldn't believe how upset some people got about the extra walk.

Ricochet said...

I got it. You should have entitled it The Packemin Exercise Program.

ChiTown Girl said...

Seriously?! They have nothing better to complain about?!