Thursday, November 12, 2009

Got Some IEPs


So now we have been given IEPs on a CD. I guess the people in charge don't think we are smart enough to open up the ones that were e-mailed to us. (I don't know why they think we will be smart enought open the ones on a CD.) These came with instructions about confidentiality, the e-mailed ones had this instruction missing. Too bad the CD is still missing IEPs from a few of my students. (At least that is what ARIS and a parent told me. I even spoke to the resource room teacher of one of my students. He has no clue as to why the IEPs are missing.)

3 comments:

Schoolgal said...

I know on the elementary level, and at my former school, special ed was taken very seriously. We were given a list of students who had modified test conditions, but we also had to attend special meetings with parents and sign off on student progress reports.

The school also had a Special Ed committee that met once a month. Part of the AP's office was used for the special ed coordinator. They even had their own computers and bulletin board that was only used for their purposes.

Anonymous said...

Special Ed should be taken seriously. When you are educated on the subject you know how to deal with things. Are these CD's legal? That is another question. The IEP is a legal document and confidential.

Anonymous said...

The CDs are legal. Format doesn't matter. Issuing them 10 weeks late is not. And if the person who issued them kindly offered to date the receipt, there's a reason for that too.