Tuesday, November 03, 2009

PD Day


No, this is not blood from hitting my head against the wall during PD today.

The young ones in my department were disappointed that I actually behaved myself, made no negative comments and even paid attention to what was going on and participated. But, they understood when I explained myself. I treat people the way they treat me. Since I have been shown respect, I show respect back. It would have been totally uncalled for if I sat in the cafeteria and behaved rudely while the activity was going on.

Actually, I was even pretty good during PD with my department, although I have some good thoughts which I will post eventually on the other blog. (I took notes so I wouldn't forget.) Looking at the picture might give you a clue as to some of what I will post about.



The only thing I wasn't good about was the group photo. I love taking pictures but I hate having mine taken. I never look good in them and looking at them just reminds me of how old I am getting. (In my mind I am forever young.) Besides, I hate being part of the Where's Waldo game.

All in all, this wasn't the world's worst PD. I knew the Excel stuff in one workshop but the time on the computer did let me enter grades and write a college recommendation. I also helped our beloved CL learn some of the tricks. And, the workshop on ARIS wasn't all bad other. I clicked around and discovered things I did not know. I even helped out a friend who was new to using it. We even got fed, good bagels, not those mini frozen ones Suit used to serve and pizza for lunch. (There was plenty of it to go around.)

Days like this make the dreaded PD day less dreadful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One year I was xeroxing and the administrator sent a teacher's child to get me to come for the group photo. I also hate having my picture taken. I told the child to tell the administrator that my mom had not signed the media permission slip so I could not have my picture taken. The child looked at me funny but went off to do relay the message. I do wonder what the administrator thought when my answer was relayed to her. I do know that no one came after me for the picture again.