Saturday, July 28, 2007

I Still Love NY








In spite of my going on and on about how wonderful Alaska is, I still think I live in the most wonderful place in the world--New York City. I've posted about my random subway day two and random subway day one but today we did something different. We drove out to Long Beach and walked along the boardwalk. There can't be too many places in the world that have these magnificent beaches and the magnificent culture within an hour of each other.

I still intend to visit the world, but I am glad to call NYC home.

(The middle picture is just a picture of the sky last night.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! :)

And thanks for the tip about the camera card! It does take an SD card! I'll have to check it out! I'd think 500 pictures would be enough, but I'd rather have more than I need just in case.

Anonymous said...

As a former Long Beach resident, I can see that you've captured the seaside resort feel that I always felt there, especially in the summer. The population used to triple in the summer. I guess that in more recent years it's become more residential and less seasonal. Long Beach had a slight honky tonk touch back in the old days, with a small amusement park and a biker bar right off the boardwalk going towards the west end of Long Beach. I would go to the supermarket in my bathing suit ( I was young then). Before I knew what your pictures were, I saw and felt that there was something very familiar about them. Now I'd love to visit Long Beach myself!

ms. whatsit said...

Many years ago when we lived on Long Island, I loved to go walking up and down the boardwalk of Jones Beach.

I miss the beach, mostly the smells and sounds. It's nice having mountains and forests here, but there's no substitute for ocean air.