Thursday, July 05, 2007
I've Been Tagged
I've been tagged by Ms. Whatsit and Educator on the Edge to list eight random things about myself. I must confess that I was going to ignore the first tag because I don't think there is anything interesting about myself or at least anything that anyone else would be interested in knowing but then I figured, what the heck. Most people will just ignore this writing anyways.
1. I love big rigs. My life dream is to learn to drive an 18 wheeler with huge smoke stacks on the side. I travel with my little camera and take pictures of these trucks wherever I go.
2. The main reason I will never be able to drive a big rig is that I am nervous about driving in reverse and do not like to drive in narrow lanes. In a big rig, every lane is narrow.
3. I am a compulsive worrier. Even though my kids are grown and out on their own, I like to know that they are okay all the time. When they are home, they have to come into my room and wiggle my toes at night so I know that they made it back in one piece.
4. I love bargains. I must have 100 rolls each of toilet paper and paper towels in my house because I buy them whenever they are on sale and I have coupons. I also have tons of shampoo,toothpaste, soap, detergent, etc in the closets. When my kids need stuff they go "shopping" in my house.
5. I am more like my mother-in-law than my mother. I have most of her quirky habits. Luckily, I really loved her so I don't mind the resemblance.
6. I love to travel. Every summer we take a major trip. This year we are going to Alaska. I've been almost everywhere in the Caribbean but have settled on Jamaica as a permanent winter resort.
7. I love Jamaican people, NY Jamaicans and Jamaicans in Jamaica. In fact, they are my favorite people in the world. I love their warmth, their friendliness and their very dry sense of humor. If there is a next life, I hope to come back as a Jamaican.
8. I am not good with a cork screw. This post requires a glass of wine and I once again mangled the cork opening the bottle.
Here are the tagging rules. Have fun.
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
I am not going to tag anyone, but anyone who reads this and wants to join in should feel free to do so.