Friday, March 01, 2013

Fun City Tips

 
1.  If you love shoes, go to FIT to see Shoe Obsession.  While you might not want to wear these shoes, they are fun to look at.  You have to go, or check out the website, no pictures allowed.  You might want to wait until March 8 as a boot exhibit is opening then, or go twice.  I plan on seeing this exhibit again before it closes in August.
 
2.  Rubin Museum on 17th and 7th--a place always on my list of museums to visit and I finally got there today.  There is a great collection of Asian art.  This little museum is not crowded and has plenty of docents around to explain some of the art I just could not understand.  Pictured above is the spiral staircase in the middle of the museum.
 
 
Ignore the poor quality of picture and see how high teachers are placed in this deity.
 
3.  A walk on the High Line is always a good way to spend some time. 
 


 
I'm looking forward to warmer weather and more city adventures.




No comments: