Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Traveling Solo


Lots of my friends say they would do certain things if they had someone to do them with.  Not me.  I never mind going alone.  In fact, sometimes I prefer my own company. 

Yesterday, my amazing son and his equally wonderful girl friend headed home through Manhattan.  I bummed a ride and had them drop me at 37th and 5th.  I wanted to see the Van Cleef and Arpel exhibit at the Cooper Hewitt Museum and the exhibit was closing that day.  I don't know too many people willing to make the hike up to 91st St., especially in the heat so it was good not to worry about making someone else happy.  I got to stop everywhere something caught my interest.  I saw the Ai Weiwei exhibit, Circle Of Heads, had a wonderful walk through Central Park and then made my own decision about waiting the two hours in the sun to see the exhibit.

Some pictures here.  Unfortunately, no photos were allowed in the exhibit.  Since it is no longer open, I recommend clicking here to see this wonderful jewelry that none of us will ever afford.

1 comment:

NYC Educator said...

Love your spirit. That's one thing that makes you a great teacher!