Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nothing New To Say

Nothing much new to say about staff development day. I did take a picture of my pal's bag. She came well equipped for the day.


Her puzzle book was a lot of fun, although the fluorescent light made it hard to see some of the pictures.



The parent coordinator was giving out the attendance form. I asked for one for my friend and was told "One per customer, but since I see her, you can have two." Well Parent Coordinator, I got a second one just for me.



Suit held court as usual. It doesn't seem to matter that he is retiring. He rants and raves as much as ever.
I entertained myself taking these stupid pictures.

When we broke into departmental meetings, Mr. AP went on and on about how we shouldn't be passing kids just because they passed the regents. Suit told us that we should not have higher standards than the state and that we should pass them all. I wonder what new Suit will tell us to do. Mr. AP also told us that the goal of the slower math classes is to get the kids a 65, not a 90. I wish the parents could have heard that one.

While suit was addressing our meeting, announcement after announcement came over the loudspeaker, disrupting him. He was obviously very distressed about this and called to complain about how he could not conduct a meeting with all the interruptions. When the teachers in the room said he does the same to us as we try to teach, he said "that is not the same." Later, he made announcements while Mr. AP was conducting the meeting. Mr. AP called him to complain. It was the one saving grace of the day.

Although programs were not officially given out (why should we see what we are going to teach when classes start on Tuesday), we did get a look at the tentative schedule. While I have a pretty good program, my prophecy about being removed from the trailer did come true. I guess he decided to put someone in their who won't worry about their safety. I'm not going to complain. I would rather not let him see that he got me upset.

Anyways, I ended the day with one of these. I didn't think about taking a picture until it was empty.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

POd, you crack me up. Love the sarcasm. I also love the fact that you document EVERYTHING with your camera...including stuff you did during your staff development day! Too funny!

Glad to hear you are no longer in the trailer!

Best wishes for a drama-free school year!

proofoflife said...

Ditto!!! Have a great year and keep it coming!

17 (really 15) more years said...

LOVE it PO'd! And good to know I wasn't the only one drinking at lunch.

Anonymous said...

You need some punctuation in your signature. It looks too much like "Pod Teacher."

P.O.'ed better than pod, that's what I say.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I have a miserable handwriting.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for not checking out your post sooner, but I have been watching the convention and Obama did great!!!

Credit to Ms. Malarky for calling this "STAPH DEVELOPMENT".

I bet the new guard will also be gone now that you are not there.
Hey, you got a good program that's half the battle.

So you haven't met the New Suit???

Schoolgal