Saturday, February 24, 2007

Seven Things That Would or Would Not Make Me a Good Leader




1. I have a lot of energy and keep moving. I'm never too tired or lazy to make the extra trip to guidance, dean, etc.

2. I drop whatever I am doing to help any kid that needs help. I am usually wearing old clothes and don't mind sitting on the floor in a hallway when that is the only place available for us to work.

3. I am not afraid to speak my mind. I don't fear consequences (although I should!). I am now on FU time at work, but that doesn't mean they still won't find ways to make me miserable.

4. I call and e-mail parents to tell them good things about there kids. A little honey goes a long way.

5. If you are my friend, I will do anything for you.

6. If you are my enemy, I will hold doors for you and do nice things to make you feel uncomfortable. Again, honey goes a long way.

7. I like to help out young teachers. I share lessons, tests and only give advice if asked. And then, I only tell what I would or did do, not what they should do.

I would like to add another part to this list:

Seven Reasons I Would Not Be a Good Leader

1. I am too stubborn. Once I decide something is correct, I will not change my mind.

2. I am a grudge holder. Once I am pissed at you, I stay pissed forever.

3. I have a lot of energy and expect others to be just as energetic. I can't stand laziness and people that don't do what is necessary to do.

4. I am not diplomatic. I can't even pretend to like people that I don't like. I speak before I think.

5. I have no patience for stupid adults.

6. I don't like to delegate.

7. I spend too much time on this damn computer.


I would like tag NYC Educator, Nic, Educator on the Edge, Marco Polo, to come up with a list of their own.

3 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Yeah, but because of No. 7 on your second list, we all benefit. Thank you!

NYC Educator said...

I'm gonna have to give this some thought. I'd say I'm guilty of 3 through 7 on your second list, but I've been working on four for a few years now. I'm still not very successful with adults, but I'm a lot better with kids.

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I thought for a minute that my template had been hijacked again, and then I realized that I had a twin. an evil twin, just like me, and that makes me very, very happy.