Thursday, February 15, 2007

Greatest Gift


I gave a test in my M&C class today. I've been pumping them for it for a week, but the snow yesterday threw us off. One of the kids I've really been pushing for didn't even show up yesterday to get the answers to the review sheet. He had been doing a little better in class so I was hopeful he would pass. Hopeful, but not expecting much as he did not pass one test last term and this test was half new stuff and half review. I looked over his shoulder a few times while he was working. He seemed to know what he was doing. When he finished, he requested that I mark his test right away. I don't like to do that, but I did look it over and told him it looked good. Well, I just finished marking it. HE GOT A 74!!!!!!I'm going to make a photo copy and hang it on my fridge. I tried to call him and tell him the news, but his phone doesn't take blocked calls. He'll have to wait until tomorrow to get the results. When this kid left the class today, he told me that he studied non stop for three days. He said "You believe in me and want to help me. I want to pass for you." Today he gave me the greatest gift any teacher can ever get.

1 comment:

On the Edge said...

A student who wants to prove he has learned something is the greatest gift an educator could ever want. Congratulations!