Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Leavin On A Jet Plane


It's 5:15AM and we are sitting waiting for our flight to West Palm Beach. Thank goodness Jet Blue finally got its act together so we can get out. I'm so glad we were cheap and waited until today to leave. I'm sure if our plans had been for earlier in the weekend, we would not have gotten out. The flight doesn't leave until 6:00 but, being the paranoid, neurotics that we are, we've been up since 3:00, ready to catch the cab to Kennedy.

So far, no hitches. The airport was empty this morning. We were able to print our boarding passes last night and walk right up to the gate. The longest line was at Dunkin Donuts but I was smart enough to buy my coffee cake muffin yesterday and picked up my coffee at a different stand. So now, all we have to do is wait. I'm sitting in a lounge looking out on my plane and just blogging away. I love my little lap top and the fact that Kennedy has wireless connections in their terminals. My husband hates it. I'm online instead of talking to him.

We are going to spend a few days with my parents in their Seinfield like condo in Boca Raton. I could live without the uncomfortable sofa bed in the room you can't move in when it's open and the 3:00 dinner hours but, these little trips make my mom and dad really happy. They are snow birds so it isn't like I don't see them if I don't go, but it still is important for us to make this trip every year. As they get on in years and their health deteriorates, I appreciate them more and more. So, we'll have a few days out of the NYC cold,lots of early bird dinners and get a
way from the hassles and stress of school for a few days. How bad can that be?

PS I never got to post this yesterday. I am now sitting in the parking lot of a restaurant that has wifi because I can't get a connection in my parents house? How sick is this?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PO'd, you are an official candidate for Bloggers' Anonymous. You do have a following, so you owe them!! By the way, I had no idea Jet Blue had such modern aircraft.....

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Sitting in a parking lot to post to your blog? Nah, that ain't sick--you're a dedicated blogger, thank goodness!

ms. whatsit said...

My internet goes out from time to time. I hate to admit that it sometimes makes me anxious when it happens, so I totally understand the desperate need to be connected. What did we do before the internet? I do remember having a cleaner house....

Pissedoffteacher said...

cleaner house, cooked meals, and spending time with family...

ms. whatsit said...

.... yada, yada, yada...lol