1. Bagels and coffee
2. Performance of school play and jazz band
3. Biggest loser awards (no, these were not awards for people who showed up for staff development--it was biggest weight losers)
4. Discussion on how to reach ninth graders (in groups by birthdays) and then sharing of these ideas.
5. Reading an article on how to reach ninth graders and then a repeat of the discussion.
6. A fifty minute lunch.
7. Joint meeting of science and math department on some new computer stuff we won't be given time to learn how to use. (I heard the chapter chairman was asleep during this one. Suit came in and took his picture. CC response: Why wasn't anyone doing anything to stimulate my interest?)
8. Meeting in departments where we were told about new geometry curriculum.
Anyone who missed the meeting can find big posters from the ninth grade meetings posted all over the teachers' cafeteria.