Sunday, March 14, 2010

POWERLESS


The storm killed the power in half the house--the part that controls the refrigerator and the computer. We solved the refrigerator problem early by running a long extension chord to a part of the house that still has electric.

At first, two dumb college graduates couldn't figure out what to do about the Internet. I hoped my lap top would find a neighbor's modem so I could stop my shakes and get on line. And then, it hit me! I could run another chord from the modem to a working outlet. As you can see, that worked. My body has calmed down. I'm online again.

2 comments:

Ricochet said...

Post hole digger = 2 days no phone or internet.

But we're back!!

Pissedoffteacher said...

I feel your pain. Mine only lasted a short time because I was out all day, but it still hurt.