Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Hero


I can't mention names, or any details, but the person who this post is directed at will know who s/he is.

I would like to publicly thank and show my appreciation for this individual who had the conviction, the intelligence and the morality to stand up to certain authorities and speak the truth, loudly and clearly. This individual knew how to answer questions correctly, making his/her points without incriminating anyone or drawing attention to anything unrelated to the subject at hand. This person had nothing personal to gain by any of things going on.

Although this person and I are on opposite sides of the UFT election, I wish him/her well and I am sorry I did not think about splitting my ticket to vote for him/her. Teachers need people like him/her willing to stand up for us, to be fearless in the face of controversy, to brave the worst possible adversaries.

I was not personally involved in this controversy, but from the teachers that were and for all teachers who will benefit from what you did, I extend a tremendous thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't u give us another hint on the "other site"?

Pissedoffteacher said...

I'm afraid at this moment I can't. Perhaps at some other time I will be free to give the details here.

Anonymous said...

I think I know who you're referring to and I treated s/he to movie and a dinner this week. S/he deserved the relaxation. I think we both know that s/he has, does and will continue this behavior. Thank you for acknowledging this person. As a friend, I appreciate your acknowledging their courage.