Tuesday, March 09, 2010
A Few Questions
I was just thinking about that NY Times magazine article, Building a Better Teacher, and realized I had a few questions I would like to ask Lemov. Since I can't ask him in person, I'll ask him here.
1. What do you do with kids who are so many years behind where they should be that learning the material you are forced to teach is impossible for them?
2. What do you do with kids who have no decency, no sense of what is right and wrong?
3. What do you do about kids that don't care about consequences?
4. What do you do about parents who will defend their child, right or wrong?
5. What do you do about overcrowding, when you can find not a free inch of space to work in?
6. How do you get kids who just don't care to start caring?