Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Checkin' Up


JoBo got tossed out of a prestigious high school for cutting and ended up at Packemin. He's a nice kid, very bright, but obviously does not want to be in school. I've already caught him missing without an excuse and promised to let his mom know whenever he is not in class.

Today was one such day. I got suspicious when JoBo's friend announced, "You don't have to worry about JoBo. His mom picked him up early." Well, I'm not too proud to say that my suspicions were wrong. I just got off the phone with JoBo's mom and he really is home sick.

I'm not sorry I called. Now he really knows that I am checking up on him and hopefully the only time he will be out from now on will be with parental approval.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know there are lots of new small schools out there but I wasn't aware there was High School for Cutting.

Did Jobo's Mom officially sign him out early?