Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Trying To Use My Data


They want me to use data, so I am using data. No one is going to accuse this old teacher of being computer illiterate.

At first, I had no idea what all the numbers meant. (I am still confuse about most of them.) Then, I found out that the column I looked at was their Acuity Predictive.

Now, I am not an educational scientist, just a lowly teacher, but it seems to me that kids who scored 58% or higher should not be mixed in with kids who scored 20% or lower.

I've been sending e-mails, doing my usual, busting chops, trying to get answers and get my classes straightened out. Teaching this group does not really appeal to me, but if I am going to teach them, I am going to do it right and I am going to do my darnedest to get them to pass. That means, the group better be as close to homogeneous as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across this post via a google search on data. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Glad I'm not in your class whatever it is.

Pissedoffteacher said...

You don't want a teacher who wants to help you pass, who wants to make sure you are in the right class?

In that case, it will be great if we are never together.