Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This David Could Not Slay Goliath


It is Sunday morning and although the war is still raging I see the writing on the wall, I know how it will end. I won't publish this until the white flag is raised, but I want it on record, at least for myself that I saw into the future although I am not a psychic.

The war has not been fought on even ground. One side has much more power than the other. Although I have many allies most are too timid to do or say anything. They would rather make their comments, voice their displeasure at their own beatings in private. They are too afraid to fight. The major force could have made a difference but, as expected, stayed loyal to its peers.

I must be honest here and express a certain amount of gratitude to the major force. It did not have to get involved. Without its help, I would have been wiped out with the enemies first bullet. With it, I was strong and able to put up a fight. And, while I am defeated for now, the victor did not obtain its victory without a cost and for this I thank the major force. I am confident that my efforts have helped future generations. I am confident that the enemy will not be as arrogant and dictatorial in the future (at least not with me.) Others need to learn to do battle. We must ban together to weaken this tyrant.

So, even though I have some ill feelings toward the major force at the moment, I know as time passes, I will be able to reflect on this war, without so much emotion, and really appreciate the help it gave me. As I was relaying war stories to a friend yesterday, depressed that I could not win, sure that the major force was just humoring me, he stopped me in my tracks and said:

No, you are wrong. The major force does not get involved in these incidents for everyone and for no reason. The major force would have just let you be slayed in battle if you were not important. You are a force to be reckoned with, you are respected and appreciated. You are the victor in this battle.


Whether he is right or wrong, I do not know. I know his confidence in me strengthened my almost no existent self confidence. I know I will recover from this defeat and rise up again if the situation presents itself.

FOOTNOTE: I am wrong. The enemy prevailed, totally supported by the major force. I just got the gloating e-mail. I go down in defeat. I am sorry for the ones I could not help. I hope they know I did all I could for them.

1 comment:

LSquared32 said...

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your battle. I don't know what you were fighting for, but I think I know you well enough to know that whatever it was, was something that would ultimately benefit the students (whether it was directly for them, or whether it was teacher issues), and the biggest loser is the school.

Take care

Eat ice cream.