Friday, September 04, 2009

My Last Big Fling Of Summer

Well, summer is ending and I didn't get to do everything I planned, but I did do a lot of those things.

I finally made my walking tour of Harlem. Years ago, I could never have done this. While I attended CCNY in the middle of this area, I went to school and came home with no neighborhood excursions. Now, anyone can walk anywhere in this beautiful neighborhood.


The next few pictures are of my beloved school--CCNY. I did both under graduate, graduate and post graduate work here. I got a great education and I still marvel at the old buildings. Unfortunately, some are gone but the school has been modernized and it's prestige is returning.








St Nicholas Terrace, a fantastic park that I saw for the first time. The sad thing is that it is almost on CCNY campus.

Abyssinian Baptist Church


Part of Abyssinian house across the street.
I found this Jewish star in the window of an old church.


Old church


Harlem State Office Building.

Strivers' Row

Old water tower on 125 St.


For Apollo pictures, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The building that you show as being the home of Bill Clinton's office is not the building in which his office is located. The picture of the building that you have identified as his office building is 163 125th Street. Bill Clinton's office is in 55 125th Street.Tthe building that you photographed is the Harlem State Office Building/ The Adam Clayton Powell State Office Building. It features offices for the Manhattan DA, offices for the Manhattan Borough President (Scott Stringer), and the office of U.S. Congressmen Charles Rangel. It also is the office home for several other politicians. However, Bill Clinton isn't one of them.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Thanks for the correction