Wednesday, September 23, 2009

R E S P E C T


Aretha Franklin was sure right when she sang about Respect in the 70's.

While things are not perfect (and will never be perfect), working with an administration that actually respects what teachers have to say, and listens to them speak, makes for an almost pleasant environment. (In case you are wondering, there are still admins in my school that do not give or receive respect, so not everything has changed.) I am actually being able to try to do some of the things that I feel confident might work.

Now, don't get me wrong, just because I am respected and I give respect, doesn't mean I trust. Admins are on the opposite side of the desk and there is always danger in the air.

Those big brown bears in the zoo, the ones that look so soft and cuddly, are not behind the barriers for no reason. And, as cute as he looked, I stayed far away when I photographed the above black one in lake Louise this summer.

1 comment:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A respectful distance is probably the best place to stand when dealing with administrators!