Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Surprise, Surprise


Schoolgal didn't think I could keep coming up with things to write about. I surprised her yesterday and hope to do so again today.

In our very overcrowded school, AP exams are being given in the gym. The English exam ESL students are taking is being given in the trailers and a faculty conference is scheduled for the auditorium. Principal Suit has his panties in a knot trying to figure out what he will do with all the trailer classes who cannot meet in their trailers and are assigned to the auditorium. These classes will interfere with his toxic workshop.

Meanwhile, Mr. M is upset because his trailer class is being sent to the auditorium again, the second time this week. He needs the class time to make sure he finishes teaching the curriculum before the end of the term. The first time his class met in the auditorium, Mr. M asked for a room and he was told there were no rooms available. Yesterday he did not even bother to ask for one. Low and behold, the phone rings in the math office telling Mr. M. that a room was going to be available for his use after all.

No one cared about the lost teaching time. Everyone cared about the toxic meeting. Something is very poisonous in my school.

6 comments:

17 (really 15) more years said...

Tomorrow I'm going to write about the toxic memo we got today. Trust me- you won't believe some of the "dos" and don'ts".

postscript said...

My school's a bit different...the things that take away teaching time are either visits from dignitaries/news channels or nerdy things like math team trips and Model UN conferences.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for always finding a new version of Up the Down Staircase.

Hey 15 More Years,
I would love to comment on your memo, but your comment screen is like Jules and doesn't allow it.
What's up with that??

Schoolgal

17 (really 15) more years said...

Schoolgal- I don't allow anonymous comments on my blog. I really don't need anyone at my school to find out about my blog.

You should create a blog- I think you would have a lot to contribute to our little blogsphere.

Anonymous said...

Okay, but since I'm not a blogger, can you explain how using an anon will let people at your school know about your blog????

There used to be a "Name" option without the URL, but that is gone too so that is why I have been signing my name here.

Schoolgal

ed notes online said...

Your school reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode where there were so many people on a planet, there was no room to sit down and the entire population had to remain standing.