Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Metaphor


I had an old pair of pants once. They were starting to wear out and I thought I would have to get rid of them. But, they were so comfortable. They were the most perfect jeans I ever owned. So, instead of tossing them out with the trash, I found ways to patch them.

I've managed to save my old, worn out jeans and make them valuable again. I am so glad I did not have the heart to throw them away.

The same is true about lots of things. How many times have you heard about a "magic" find along a curb or in a dumpster? Something old and worn out has been thrown away only to be picked up by someone else, someone who realizes the value of this old worn out thing.

Isn't it sad when you know you should have thought twice before you put out the trash?

No comments: