Friday, April 24, 2009

I Won't Be Cheap (I Prefer Just Being Loose)


I can't help myself.

I give it away for free all the time.

I could get paid, but it is much more fun to do it my way.

I like doing it with no strings attached.

Have I peaked your interest???????

Are you thinking what I am thinking?

I hope so.

I'm talking about tutoring. The school is offering tutoring on Saturday's to help the kids prepare for the regents exams. I refused to apply. Instead, I am meeting with my students a few times a week and all day the Saturday before the exam. I'm tutoring my kids on my terms.

The few dollars the school would pay me won't change my destiny. I don't need to be the richest math teacher in the cemetery. I don't want to be beholden to anyone or have to answer to anyone for a couple of bucks. I prefer being loose to being cheap.

1 comment:

NYC Educator said...

The story is good, but the headline is fantastic. You should run a contest to see who can write the best story to match it.