Saturday, April 04, 2009

I'm Worse Than My Students

I have a house to clean for the holiday. I have to start cooking. I have papers to mark and tests to write. But, I am doing laundry that does not need to get done. I am playing on the computer. I am just wasting time. Someone once said I probably keep my husband entertained. He thinks I'm lucky that I let him keep his sanity.

We spent the morning in Ikea where I had to stop and take pictures of everything RED. I always need a theme and I can spend time taking pictures anywhere. Although he does complain, he helps find me things to photograph, moves them to a good spot for me if I can't capture them where they are and he does look out for store personnel waiting to stop my photo antics. (I have been asked to leave quite a few stores.) Maybe he just doesn't want to have to post my bail.)











I had to buy a red cutting board, even though I have lots of cutting boards.


The red beaters--the things that got me started on today's theme.


The red candles.



We have no idea what this is, but we both liked it, not enough to buy but enough to take a picture of. The king dog.

My husband likes cats much better and made me take this one. I had to at least position it on a red blanket since today's theme is red.


Dog and cat beds. My cats have three of these, none red. (We got them on sale at CVS--no choice of colors.)



My soft red shoe.




Little butt hooks. Totally weird. I already had one in gray and of course I had to buy the red one to go with it.

After Ikea we went in Tuesday Morning and I took some more red pictures.





I already have red luggage.


While not in keeping with the theme of the day, I had to photograph this little wicker rocker. It was just too cute for words. Kind of low to the floor for an old person like me, but adorable, nevertheless.


3 comments:

Marcy Webb said...

Looks like you had a good time @ Ikea.

You know, I've not yet visited an Ikea store. I'm a Crate and Barrel girl myself. :)

care020 said...

Too cute! My last experience in the luggage pickup area at LAX leads me to believe that everyone owns red luggage. At least, that's how it feels when I'm trying to find my red suitcase on the carousel.

POd's daughter said...

Thats why I love my neon green luggage!