Thursday, May 17, 2007

Daddy's Little Boy


When my kids was little my husband did a lot of traveling for business. My daughter used to cry every night, around the time he got home, for her daddy. My son didn't cry in the evenings, only in the morning. I didn't get it, his dad left for work before he got out of bed. I get it now.

I miss my mom all the time but it is mostly on the drive to work that my tears start to flow. It's funny. I never spoke to her in the morning. I never even thought about her then. I guess something triggers in my brain overnight that makes the mornings so lonely without her being around. My poor son, I thought he was the strange one, crying when it did not make sense to cry. I owe him an apology. His baby brain was much more sophisticated than I ever gave it credit for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* You're still in my prayers!

And thanks. I should probably clarify. My birthday's July 20...the night I'll be going! :)

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Children can teach us some important lessons, if only we have eyes to see and ears to hear. You're learning!