Monday, September 08, 2008

It All Begins Again...

(Also, administrator speak)


It took me a while to understand the latest memo. Parts are still incomprehensible but here are the parts I do understand, with translations.



There is no need for you to stop by my office and ask me what we could do with students in MG21 or MG 21R who failed the class last year. [translation: I don't have a clue what to do with them either.] I expect you to differentiate instruction and to do the best you can to help them. [translation: I don't care if you do have a class of 34, just figure out a way to pass them. I need my performance bonus.] Please do not give a placement exam in MG21 because we already know that most of them don't know any algebra and they have not learned any geometry. [translation: These kids are so dumb that I really don't have much faith in them to be able to accomplish anything.]


On another note, Suit is upset because not enough of our students are going for advanced regents diplomas. He is taking the kids that just finished Math A and putting them into the second term of Math B and plans on giving them the regents in June. The weakest students must take the most challenging regents after only being taught 2/3 of the material. It should be interesting. I'm glad that he thinks no child is being left behind when the kids are being deprived of 1/3 the material. I would hate to be the teacher of these kids. It has got to be a very frustrating experience for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Principal Suit crossed the line into some DOE-created parallel universe. Perhaps he is the victim of an alien takeover, a la "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". He is even less of a math person than one can imagine. It boggles my mind. It defies common sense. Why would any competent educator in their right mind skip 1/3 of a course in anything?

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Your continuing commitment to the kids in your care puts Principal Suit's petty worries about his performance bonus to shame.

Anonymous said...

Why is he still there???? No retirement party should be given until he has an exit date!!!

Schoolgal