Friday, September 26, 2008

Comments On The Memo


The majority of the struggling students are very nice and they really never had a good math teacher until now. If you consider yourself to be a good teacher, then you should be able to find a way to reach the struggling students.



The above line is from Mr. AP's latest memo. It is nice to know that he thinks I am such a fantastic teacher and can teach my students, in one semester, what other teachers have not been able to do in eleven years of school. I wish I was as good a teacher as he was giving me credit for being. It's also good to know that being nice is the key to learning. The moral of this must be if you are nice there is nothing you can't do, be it medical school, law school or even President of the United States.

8 comments:

NYC Educator said...

I don't know about President, but we're in danger of having a very nice VP, with a Prez liable to give her the job at any moment.

Chaz said...

It is funny how one minute they praise you and the next they are trying to get you.....Sometimes at the same time.

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

You are lucky they "need" you for the moment and are being all lovey dovey with you cause as you know they can turn on you on a dime in a millie second--after all you are a veteran teacher.

Pissedoffteacher said...

They don't need or even want me around. Nothing would make them happier than have me hand in my papers.

My school seems to target a few teachers a semester. Lately it has been people that have been out escessively (although all reasons were well documented). As long as you get along with students and the majority of them pass, my school will leave you alone.

proofoflife said...

In these times of financial distress. I thought I had better start to kiss ass. Do I say, "which cheek first?'" At least in his "nice" way he was giving you credit. Being a target every day is taking its toll on me. Maybe I had better learn how to play "nice" too. NOT!!!!

Pissedoffteacher said...

This memo was addressed to the entire department. Many of the teachers in the memo were the bad teachers the kids had in the past.

17 (really 15) more years said...

It will be a cold day in hell before I kiss anybody's ass. As far as I'm concerned, as long as I do my job every day, and am not absent excessively, they should just leave me the hell alone.

PO'd- it's the same deal in my school about people who are consistently absent- they are the ones costing the school extra money, and they are the ones with the bull's eyes on their backs.

Pissedoffteacher said...

My lips are staying away from the body parts of others in school as well.