Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Feel Good



This is a boasting post.  If this will turn you off, stop reading now.  If you keep reading, beware!  None of your negative comments can hurt me about this!

I interviewed at the new college today.  After speaking to the head of the department I taught a sample lesson for him and another math teacher.  THEY LOVED ME!!!!   They said I was heads above everyone else they interviewed and offered the job on the spot.  They told me to take the weekend to decide if I want it or not.  I don't need to.  I WANT IT!!!!!

To the person who said good riddance:  GO SUCK AN EGG!!!  I'M DOING A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN YOU WILL EVER DO!

To Suit who told me I should leave:  YOU NEVER APPRECIATED THE JOB I DID BUT THAT IS OKAY, THE KIDS DID, AND ANOTHER SCHOOL MUST SEE THINGS IN ME THAT YOU NEVER DID.

To Suit Lover:  THAT WAS A DIG.  DEAL WITH IT.

And finally to the person who thought I wasn't good enough to teach trig:  THE SAMPLE LESSON I TAUGHT WAS A TRIG LESSON.  THE PROFESSORS WHO OBSERVED KNOW MORE MATH THAN YOU OR I WILL EVER KNOW AND THEY FOUND ME GOOD TOO.  I'M GOING TO FIND YOU ANOTHER EGG TO SUCK!

(Pictured above is the view from my new school.)

13 comments:

mathematicamama said...

WAY TO GO!!!!!

Ms. Tsouris said...

Congratulations!!! Mazel Tov!! Nazdrovya!! Buena Suerte!!!

ChiTown Girl said...

WOO HOO!!!

Congratulations!

I'll be happy to find a dozen eggs for all of 'em to suck!!!!!

Kim Hughey said...

I am so excited for you! What an opportunity.

Rho said...

Been reading your posts for years, wishing I was on the list for the links, lol! I just want to wish you all the best. Hope you have great students, more times for your walks, and bosses who appreciate you.

Ms. Tsouris said...

P.S. Saw the new school coming over the bridge yesterday....beautiful setting with what looks like a pretty large campus!! Poetic justice prevails!

burntoutteacher said...

Don't get mad, get even. And you sure did get even!!!! Those of us who have followed your blog know what a fantastic, caring, selfless teacher you are. You deserve all the very very very best.

mathematicamama said...

Burnoutteacher is right! Living well is the best revenge.

Schoolgal said...

Someone actually had the audacity to say "Good Riddance!!"?? Idiots!!!

keep continuing to post your everyday adventures!! Your new work setting looks marvelous. Imagine being in a place where you are respected??

I told you years ago that you would love retirement!! First thing I did was redecorate!!

Remember, now you can book many of your travels when rates are cheaper. I can only imagine the places you will visit.

PS: Did u get my FB message???

Suit Lover said...

Confession time: The person who said 'good riddance' was also Suit Lover. And considering Suit Lover's claims about his identity way back when are still true whether you believe them or not, you have done more than I have done to this point in my life. However, rather than disparage another future teacher as many have disparaged you, maybe you should think twice. Otherwise, you're just a hypocrite.

Suit Lover said...

PO'ed, the person above is only an imposter...I am the real Suit Lover and never posted that...I just saw this and was prepared to let this one go and to let you enjoy your retirement...

Ricochet said...

WAHOO - I am behind in reading but this is wonderful news!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Po'ed

The kids at Packemin will miss you but the powers that be are only interested in high passing percentages whether or not the kids deserve the grades.

The administration only favors teachers who say yes sir or yes ma'am and salute and
a-- kiss their commanding officers.

Some things will never change.

Mazel Tov and Good Luck in your well deserved retirement.

Rita