Friday, June 17, 2011

Avoiding A Grevience


For as long as I can remember, I've asked to teach a trig class.  Each term I was greeted with the same "NO!" 

Well, guess what?  Trig is on my tentative program for next September.  I say tentative because we were told the program we were being given meant nothing and we were only getting one to fulfill the union contract.  Everyone was handed a program except for me.  (I haven't handed in any paper work so I am still on record as a returning teacher in the fall.)  After being told I didn't hand in a preference sheet (which I did), the program mysteriously appeared in  my mailbox with the classes I asked for on it.

There is not problem giving me a program I want as long as I won't be around to follow it.

4 comments:

mathematicamama said...

If you had asked to be an AP.....?

Pissedoffteacher said...

I don't have the license but if I asked, they would probably call the men in the white coats. Everyone knows how I feel about admins!

Anonymous said...

why don't you stay for one more year? LOL. That would surely piss him off!

zulma said...

File the freaking grievance anyway.

Lynne Winderbaum would tell the chapter leaders that you can file a "tentative" grievance when teachers are given "tentative" programs.