Friday, October 24, 2008

Wild Ride


My geometry classes are comprised of weak math students. All the kids have failed math at least once in the past. Too many are still failing. I was happy to see quite a few parents of these kids today. The parents were concerned and wanted to help. Quite a few parents said, "My child does well when he likes the teacher. This term XXX is coming home happy."

It's going slow, but I am making progress with these kids. Today they all worked great. Yesterday, they were even quiet for a while. Sometimes I feel like I am on a wild ride and other times I feel that I can make a difference.

1 comment:

Chaz said...

For students with poor math skills it is important to get them to understand the simple concepts. Many teachers just talk away without understanding this. Hence, the kids get turned off and fail.

On the other hand teachers like you understand this and can get them to start from scratch and build those basic foundations....Assuming the administrators leave you alone.