Thursday, October 02, 2008

Update On My (Almost) Brush With RR


It seems Mr AP was very busy Monday afternoon. My class was not the only one he paid a visit to. He visited quite a few of the other repeater classes.

Every teacher had the same reaction I did--wait until the memo comes out on Thursday. All our classes were "wild." Two days off followed by one day of school and then another two days off is not exactly conducive to learning. Attendance was awful. (At least my attendance was good.) He did not say one word to me, but asked another teacher to speak to him after her class. Maybe my class wasn't as bad as I thought it was or maybe it was good compared to what he had seen in the other rooms. Misery loves company and today we all laughed about the observations.

Ms. ATR passed Mr. AP in the hall and said "Hi, how are you doing?" He answered "terrible" and walked away. I'm sure he is very worried about how the kids in these repeater classes will do. A failure on their part is a reflection on him and from what he saw, there is little hope of having great statistics this year. Oh well, this is not my problem. I just go about my business, teaching as usual, and hoping for the best.

The class from hell was even on good behavior today but I don't have confidence that it will last. My motto--one day at a time.

2 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

One day at a time will get you where you need to be when you need to be there--and not a moment sooner!

proofoflife said...

my mantra !!