Tuesday, October 28, 2008

School Gal Speaks



Dear Pissed Off Teacher,

You know that I will miss your blog. It is valuable and I hope you reconsider. You really didn't know other teachers from your school knew about your blog??? It only takes one teacher to spill the beans if your school is anything like mine.

Gee, Does that mean when I called your staff, Suit and AP "Idiots" I was doing it to their faces!!!! I hope so!!!!

You have nothing to worry about because you spoke the truth.

So please take the next few weeks to listen to any feedback. I am sure some of the readers who are emailing you are from your school and were grateful, mainly because they had no backbone, that you were expressing what they were
feeling.

And, if you do decide to begin a new blog, I hope you invite me.

Thanks,
Schoolgal

Of course Schoolgal was added immediately. I am a big fan of her comments.

I had a conversation with Principal Hula about this blog today. He told me not to stop writing, that he has thick skin and can take it. Besides, he said he learns from reading. He really seems okay. I will keep writing here but will not include anything that can be incriminating about anyone in my building.

I've been teaching a long time and I have never met an administrator I liked and truthfully, I still don't trust anyone in a suit and he does wear one 4 days a week! I think I will tread carefully.

Nothing has been posted on the new blog yet. That is a good sign. If I decide to make this my last year at least it will end on a high note.

4 comments:

avoiceinthewilderness said...

Where was Principal Hula trained? He doesn't sound like someone from the Leadership Academy.
I understand your hesitancy. I've noticed that a lot of my colleagues are quick to urge someone to speak up for them, but no so quick to back them up when confronted.

Schoolgal said...

Well,
Thanks for making me famous once again on your blog. I am truly humbled by this because I am a big fan.

And, I just may become a fan of Principal Hula. Funny, but hula makes me think of Hawaii which makes me think of Obama and he's my choice for leadership.

And yes there are many good administrators out there. Suit was NOT one of them.

The Bus Driver said...

Principal Hula sounds like a pretty down to earth kinda guy. I'm glad he doesnt have a problem with your blog.

Anonymous said...

Just yesterday I noticed a freshman parent from my school finding my blog... it happens.

But I don't know how I would feel about it if I wrote even half as much about my school as you write about yours...

Jonathan