Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Principal Update

We have a new principal, but Suit is still roaming the halls like he is king. He's still on the loudspeaker and he is still coming to the cafeteria to get his free lunch. The only difference now is that he is collecting his pension and earning lots of extra money on the side. One of the school aides told me he plans on being around for three months. She was told to set up a mail box for the new principal right next to his.

Suit's retirement party is next week. All the little suck ups are lining up to go. Some are swearing up and down that he was a great principal. I can come up with lots of reasons why he was the absolute worst one we ever had but two reasons come to mind. One, he is close minded. He sees things his way and his way alone. He is not open to new ideas or any ideas that conflict with his. Second, he does not respect other people. He looks down his nose at school aides, cafeteria workers, security guards and teachers. He thinks nothing about berating anyone, anywhere and anyhow.

Yesterday I asked the new principal to cut down the announcements. He said he would. Today I asked him to lower the music between periods. He also said he would. I don't want to be a thorn in his side, but I want some better working conditions. Suit might still be around but he is no longer in power. I hope this guy is strong enough to take the reigns and put this guy in his place.
In other news, the little suck ups are already starting. Two of the sweet young things were already bringing a welcoming plant to the new guy. I'm sure it is going to be an interesting year.

3 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Why is the old principal still around? This seems terribly odd to me...

ChiTown Girl said...

Yeah, what's his deal? Does he have some naggy wife at home that he's trying to avoid? ;-) He should just step out of the picture, since it's kind of giving the message that New Principal can't be left alone yet.

And, there will always be kiss-asses out there. Maybe you should counter their plant with some homemade cookies...tee hee! Speaking of ass-kissing, I actually brought the Big Cheese an iced coffee today because it's Boss' Day. I cracked myself up all the way to school!!

Katie Ventura said...

music between classes?