Tuesday, October 14, 2008

He's Not Quietly Slipping Away Into The Night


Principal Suit sent out his last memo thanking us for making his principalship (his word, not mine) such a wonderful experience. The new principal starts on Tuesday. Suit is hanging around to show him the ropes. A good mentor would stay behind the scenes and help from the office. Suit doesn't plan on being this kind of mentor. Hopefully the new guy will put him in his place and take the lead himself. The staff is invited to meet this new guy on Tuesday. I will bet any amount of money that Suit will be in the office with him, controlling, or at least trying to control the situation.

Someone told me that Suit appointed himself Principal Emeritus at the last faculty conference. I never pay any attention to what Suit says, so this might or might not be true. I do know that he told a friend of mine that he likes the job too much to ever leave.

The next few weeks might really get interesting, especially if this new guy has a completely different set of values. Stay tuned. Updates will be reported here as soon as they occur.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My old principal is hanging on to her desk the way Bloomie is hanging on to his.

btw, what was his retirement gift?

Schoolgal

Pissedoffteacher said...

His gift will be not having to deal with me anymore.

I wanted to send him some used kitty litter, but I didn't think I could get away with it.

Anonymous said...

I was just hoping he didn't get some truly wonderful gift from the ass kissers.

Schoolgal

PS: Does Ms. F-status still have her job???

Pissedoffteacher said...

I haven't seen Ms. F around this term.