Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Summer's Over


Summer is over and although I am sad about that, I know my summer was well spent. I saw my dad about twice a week. We didn't do much, but it was good for us to have the time together. He's still sad, but he is getting better. He even consented to have the laser surgery he needed on his eyes for his glaucoma. He's even happy he did it.

Aside from dad, I spent two weeks in Alaska, and had a great time. It was a trip I didn't want to take but I am glad I did. It was so great that I plan on returning. Not next summer, we are thinking of an African safari for then, but soon. I went to lots of museums and spent many days exploring my favorite city--New York. I even managed to spend some quality time with good friends. I saw a few Broadway shows. Tonight's was Curtains with David Hyde Pierce. He was fantastic. I bought tickets to see Jersey Boys on my anniversary (had to break down and pay full price--OUCH!) I saw a few off Broadway shows too. Will Durst, a political humorist, is in The All American Sport of Bipatisan Bashing. Although he picks on everyone, the Republicans, and Bush, get the brunt of his act. This was a great show for a liberal like me.

So, a good summer has come to an end. I hope a good school year is next. If not, retirement, here I come!!!!

No comments: