Saturday, August 25, 2007

Not For Me



I think it is a good thing I'm not rich. I was walking on Park Ave admiring the beautiful buildings and the fancy doormen when it occurred to me that the guy working on the building in picture one would have to enter the building through the gate in picture number two. He would never get to experience the grandeur pf the lobby, with its interior garden in the last picture. Treating people so differently is definitely not me. I could not live with someone working for me having to enter my building this way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many buildings in Queens, including mine, also has a service entrance. It's for deliveries and/or equipment so that the carpet is protected. The super is usually located near that entrance. Residents also use that entrance too. I don't believe nannies or housekeepers use those entrances.

Pissedoffteacher said...

It wasn't so much that it was a service entrance, it was the difference in quality that struck me--the opulence as opposed to the cement gate and the fact that the people who work there will never get to enjoy the building.