Monday, August 13, 2007

In My Own Backyard Part II
























If you want to feel like you are on vacation, you often do not have to go more than a few miles from your home, especially if you live in NYC. You don't have to spend a lot of money either.

Today I met a couple of friends. (Their feet are in one of their pictures. Their faces are left off to protect their identities.) We started our day in the Waterview Restaurant. It is a lovely place in Port Washington. We sat on the Pier, ate a delicious lunch of poached salmon on a salad with an apple vinaigrette and watched the boats and the water. After lunch we headed up to Sands Point and walked along the beach, enjoying the wild life and the beautiful homes that we will never be able to afford.

4 comments:

mathnerd said...

I love all these pictures you have been posting, and I think that I want to try to get out east again sometime in the next couple of years, I spent a few weeks in Boston as a high schooler and loved taking the T and getting off at random stops along the way. I think NYC would be that much fun but better...

By the way, the 4t picture down, the sign about the birds, when I was first scrolling down I miss read the sign on first glance, to me it said "Do No EAT Bird" then I read it right...

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I'm impressed that you know just where to go to enjoy a pleasant day nearby. Too many of us think that we have to rush off to Paris or Berlin--and beyond. Thanks for sharing your backyard with us!

Pissedoffteacher said...

I like rushing off too!

NYC Educator said...

Beautiful pictures.