Saturday, December 23, 2006

DisRespect

Yesterday Principal Suit made a big deal about a holiday collation he was holding in his office from 12:00 until 3:00. He really wanted people to come. He said, "don't worry about lunch, there will be food." I usually avoid him and those things at all costs, but a good friend who I haven't seen for a while wanted me to go with her, so I agreed. Upon entering the office we saw his conference table covered with paper plates and one little slice of crumb cake. There was coffee on the side. My friend was pissed off. She didn't bring lunch because she thought she was getting fed. He had said earlier in the term that he was going to share his bonus with us, we all assumed he would be at least feeding us. My friend did hear him whisper to his assistant principal buddy "come back later, I have cold cuts for the people I like."

And he wonders why I don't like him?

5 comments:

NYC Educator said...

But coffee cake has all the elements of a balanced diet--sugar, crunchy stuff, and cake.

True, it lacks chocolate. But you can't have everything.

Nic said...

I wonder if he picked crumb cake because that was the closest he could get to actually just giving away a crumb of his bonus.

Pissedoffteacher said...

or maybe because he is so crummy

Anonymous said...

Principal Suit knew that crumb cake is my personal favorite..for dessert, that is, not as a main course. Suit needs culinary remediation.

Anonymous said...

the more i read your blog from the very beginning, I now understand why you detest this man......what a turd!