Saturday, August 15, 2009

Remedial Student



When my kids were little I brought them to work with me when their school or day care was closed.

My little second grader was spending an afternoon with me as I was giving an exam to a remedial class. To keep him busy, I told him to do the exam along with the class.

My little boy took the exam very seriously. He sat on the side and worked hard. As he noticed one of my students trying to cheat off of him, he threw his arm over the paper and worked harder.

To this day, we still laugh at the high school kid copying answers from the second grader. Only now, in the era of NCLB, the high school kid who had to copy off the second grader would be graduating high school and heading on to college.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless! So, how did the lil guy do on the test?

Pissedoffteacher said...

He did better than many of my students.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

I once had a new admit from another country. I was giving a math test, and since it was mostly computations, I gave it to him too and had some of the kids explain to him it was a test. He saw how I put the class into rows from their cooperative table settings so no one was sitting next to each other.

Now I don't know the customs in his country, but he actually got out of his seat and walked over to another student and copied his answers.

Schoolgal